5/22/09

Packing (clothes and toiletries)



They always say to bring only half of what you think you'll need..and..well..this is half of what I think I'll need. It actually doesn't look as bad in the picture..but it's a ! I don't think I'll wear all of it ( I tend to pick favorites) but I don't know what I won't wear..yet. I think if there are some obvious outfits I won't wear, I'll ship the clothes home to free up more space in the car.

2 dresses
8 fitted tees
2 dress shirts
1 short sleeved polo
3 quarter length button up shirts
1 tube top
1 halter top
3 pairs of sweats/athletic pants
2 pairs of soffees
1 pair of khaki shorts
2 denim skirts
1 pair of white shorts
1 pair of navy blue shorts
2 pairs of jeans
1 pair of white pants
2 light weight zip up jackets
1 rain jaket
1 half length denim jacket (to wear over dresses)
1 pair of capris
2 bathing suits
9 tshirts
4 cami's
6 pairs of underwear *we will be doing laundry on the road ;)
6 pairs of socks
1 strapless bra
2 regular bra's
1 pair of Sperry's boat shoes
2 pairs of sneakers
2 belts
I need to get some flip flops so before we leave tomorrow, I'm going to be the first one in line at the Old Navy $1 flip flop sale!

Since we're traveling in the RX8, there's very little room in the trunk. So we've decided to not bring our suitcases (which wouldn't even fit if we tried) and we're going to use the trunk as a sort of closet/dresser instead. We're either going to use trunk dividers or plastic storage containers.

We each have an overnight bag that has all of our essentials (like toiletries) that we'll bring into the hotel room every night. We'll decide what we want to wear the next day, take it out of the trunk and put it into our overnight bag. This way we won't have to worry about repacking and lugging around big suitcases into hotels that we're probably only going to spend a night or two in.
<-what my overnight bag looks like

Men have it so much easier than women. We have to worry about matching shoes with our outfits, adding accessories, and making sure we have the right underwear and bra for the outfit. Men can just match a simple tshirt with some jeans or cargo shorts and look great. Hell they can even wear a tshirt with a bathing suit and flip flops and look great!

0 comments:

Post a Comment