5/24/09


Just making a quick post from our hotel in Monroe, LA. The drive here was surprisingly decent. What was supposed to be 7 hours turned into about 8 and a half. That's because we had to stop @ a Mazda dealership to get Phil's new tires checked and we stopped at Best Buy and Target in Anniston, Alamama. I wanted to get some type of trivia game, but all they had was the "Are you Smarter Than a Fifth Grader" board game. Instead we got "Mad Gabs" so we can practice in the car and FINALLY beat Shay and Colette.

It seemed like it took forever to get across Mississippi. Our GPS told us that we'd arrive at our destination around 8:30. What we didn't realize is that it meant 8:30 Central Time. So, as you can imagine, it was a major buzz kill when the car clock said 8:30 and we realized that we still had an hour left.

We finally got to the Holiday Inn express around 8:45 central time. I always research hotels before I book one because we had a terrible experience at a Seattle hotel last summer. Anyway, this hotel is actually very nice for a 2.5 star hotel. It's a Holiday Inn express in West Monroe. Right off the highway next to a Hooters (woo hoo party!).

These days you rarely find a hotel with free wireless internet. On average, we usually pay about $15 per computer. And if it is free, it's extremely slow. But the free wireless internet here was almost as fast as at home. Very nice:)

Overall day 1 went smooth!

Now it's 9:48 local time and we're about to head to Dallas! I just checked the weather and it supposed to be stormy in Dallas today, and rainy tomorrow:( So when we get to Dallas the first thing on our agenda is trying to find a back up location for the meet-up tomorrow.

I've been taking some footage on my camera but not enough to make a video. I'll make sure to take some more footage today! Here's Phil's vlog from yesterday

5 comments:

bigwhiteseth said...

Sounds like everything is going swimmingly so far. Be safe you two.

Also, how was Monroe? Did you drive through much of it? I ask because I was born there, and I've heard it's turned into a crackhouse town.

Erika Jean said...

Sounds like fun. I've made a couple cross country road trips and I only stay at Holiday Inn Express. They tend to be on the somewhat new side - not too much $ and way better than a crappy motel :-/

Erika Jean said...

Oh and wait until you drive though New Mexico. In my opinion a boooorrring sate to drive through! I herd the Sandia Peak Tramway is worth seeing in Albuquerque though!

Anonymous said...

a place that is open 2 all are parks so that can be your solution to the other destinations when there is good weather. i really don't know what 2 tell u about dallas..good luck with that & i hope u find a venue that is indoors

Scott Kinmartin said...

I can't believe you left our Florida altogether.

Post a Comment