10/6/09

Travel Gear


Phil and I needed new travel gear so I turned to ebags.com.
There are ups and downs to shopping online. I like it because there's a wide variety of products and most of the time there are reviews from people who've previously bought the item. On the down side, you never know what things will look like in person.

The suitcases I purchased are a little bit bigger than I thought they'd be, but overall I'm happy with them.

Mine:

Diane Von Furstenberg-29" Expandable Rolling Suitcase $103.99

Phils:

American Tourister-iLite 29" Rolling Expandable Upright $71.99


I'm a little unhappy with the backpack I got. It looks silly on me. Don't get me wrong its a great back pack, it's just HUGE. I have no doubt that I can fill it, though ;) I got it because it has tons of little pockets for easy storage, enough room for my laptop and a change of clothes and a detachable day pack. It would be a great backpack for someone who is backpacking through Europe. It's also very comfortable.


High Sierra Transport Travel backpack $87.99

I think Phil's is a much more reasonable size

I don't know the brand name for this one because he bought it at REI.

I also got this cross body day bag to carry around. I don't want to have to worry about things getting stolen out of my backpack while I'm walking around, so I think this is the perfect bag.

eBags Piazza Day Bag $36.79

Why am I including all this information?
Well, because when I travel I like to do research before hand. I was never able to find a website that told me everything about traveling that I wanted to know. I want to create a travel website for people like me. I am by no means an expert on traveling, but hopefully we can learn together and become better, more informed, travelers!
**Will edit this section later when I figure out what "people like me" means.**

Now I'm almost done with the last load of laundry. Phil is at the studio filming some stuff for a sketch show and will be home much later tonight. Got lots of packing to do!!

Thanks for reading and I promise to keep up!
Leave a comment and let me know about your favorite international vacation.

3 comments:

Drake said...

Well... The only time I was out of the country was in Mexico. I went on a bus tour in San Diego (I saw Dr. Seuss' house. Pretty sweet). Then they took us across the border to Tiajuana. I was not impressed. LOL

But I really wanna go on a European Tour. Start in Portugal, then Spain, France, Italy, then a cruise to Greece. And come back home. I would kill to do that.

Kristina Re said...

This is very helpful! I always agonize about luggage and whatnot as well. You don't want to take too many, but you also don't want one that is bigger than you.

Why don't you just switch backpacks with Phil? It'd probably not look so gigantic on him, haha.

Andrea said...

I think it'd be great if you did a travel website! very informative! i have never been out of the u.s. =( i hope so even if i just go to canada i guess i'll start somewhere small. =)

Post a Comment